European Early Innovators Initiative – EEII
Danube Strategic Project Fund supports the implementation of 12 projects which have potential to become strategic projects. EEII, managed by STM, is the single project in this program with Romanian lead partner.
STM started the project in January 2018. A project website with detailed information is online. Please have a look on Early Innovators’ web and find details on the initiative, achieved results and opportunities: www.early-innovators.eu.
- Steinbeis Transfer Management S.R.L., RO-Bucharest (lead partner)
- AREA Science Parc, I-Trieste
- Common Regions, SK-Kosice
- Steinbeis Transfer Management Ltd., UA-Uzhgorod
Young people are not much intersted in studying STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics). Young researchers are not encouraged or supported to become entrepreneurs. Research does not result in innovation. Scientists are not used to take into account the needs of the industry. Germany’s and Austrian’s best practice in promoting innovation is insuficient implemented by other economies in Danube Region. The success rates of applications for European funds is very poor in Eastern part of Danube Region.
Components of EEII:
- A guide-analysis of start-ups and spin-offs, initiatives, available facilities. The document will show how young entrepreneurs and researchers can benefit from existing programs or facilities.
- Two networking and pitching evens to exhibit innovative ideas, prototypes and products to potential financial and industrial partner (linking research and industry). One in Italy, one in Romania.
- A study/paper on recommendations to bring most suitable solutions in guiding youth to STEM or in stimulating young researchers to work market oriented.
- A research on identifying and evaluating funding programs from national, regional and EU institutions.
- A benchmark analysis of existing sulutions in Germany and Italy regarding private-public partnerships for supporting the future strategic project and recommendations for fostering PPP in DR
- Two events in Slovakia and Ukraine to present PPP as option for funding projects.
- Support to 9 young scientists from universities in 3 countries (RO, SK, UA) and coaching them to present proposals to potential investors.
The initiative also aims to prepare strategic project “European Early Innovator Program – EEIP”.
EEIP strengthens competitiveness of enterprises by applying latest technologies, developed on basis of market oriented research which is executed by highly motivated and competent young scientists. European Early Inovators Program makes young scientists learning to think and act like entrepreneurs. It contributes to a growing number of scientists. Tools, elaborated in the program, will be available in all Danube Region and foster a culture of innovation. Collaboration of stakeholders and decision-makers across marco-regions will be given.
EEII is part-financed by the European Union and the City of Vienna.